Get in your best shape for Bonaire Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting a new exercise machine..
Erh... I mean I'm gonna be fostering a pup. Lots of walking and exercise in my near future!

Pepper and I have gotten in between 2 and 3 miles every day this week. Today I actually tried trekking in just sneakers, rather than my leather hiking boots. I am paying for this tonight, because we covered a lot of rough ground on deer trails, but the leg held up ( while every other hip, knee and back joint is screaming at me tonight).
Jenny is right, a good pup can make you walk much more!

Alright, I "might" have overdone the workout for the fused ankle in just sneakers yesterday...
I'm back into hiking boots and hobbling badly today, but I still proved that I can get away with a bit more abuse than before the surgery.
...and even hobbling, the pup and I got in >2.5 miles today (granted, on more level surfaces than yesterday)
Progress. I will be able to do more shore dives than in recent Bonaire trips.

"Exercise equipment" has arrived... lol

Omg... he's a goober like Charlie was... just a little smaller.

Attachments

• 20240213_105356.jpg
    20240213_105356.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 28
Started back in January. More cardio, lose another 30 lbs (10 of which are *still* from the holidays), and some serious mountain biking to improve kick-strength.

Sounds like everyone is getting into a rhythm for themselves! :chicken:

For myself, I added Spring yardwork to increase my activity and I can feel the difference!
Hoping to get back into walking this week as well.

Novice New England Diver Here

• First I wanted to say I love the premise of this thread.
  • I struggle with maintaining low body fat percentage. My stats: Male, 5'7", 176 lbs, 15% body fat
  • My usual fitness routine is 6 days a week at the gym doing push, pull, legs. I really like this because its easy for me to keep my routine consistent (I'm never out of the gym long enough to not want to go back lol).
  • May through October I dive 2 - 3 times a week/ Nov through April 1 per week
  • During the off season 1x week diving my conditioning and body fat levels get dialed in but when May through October come around I tend to just dive every good weather window and neglect my conditioning when that happens I start to lose a little motivation to keep my calories at maintenance level and my abs start try to hide :(

I'd love to hear what kind of training splits, plus any scuba specific conditioning ya'll are doing and how you set up your training program throughout the year to accommodate the maximum amount of diving?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom