Getting noticed as dive guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpeg
One of my favorites during one of his calmer days. A pink shirt and orange freediver fins usually completes the ensemble.

Besides bright fins, I've also followed a DM with a fun mask strap cover once. It was bright neon yellow with "FOLLOW ME" in large font...Hard to miss! :)

A side note, people who follow DM (like me) will pay attention to their DM and pick whatever feature that's easy for them to identify the DM, especially when a dive site is like underwater mall.

Rivers' idea of using doubles would probably work great. I've never seen a DM in doubles, and I've only seen tech/cave divers with that setup.

Come to the UK. You will see lots of people in twins, even at the inland site I work at. Most of the instructional staff wear twinsets while teaching/assisting. I don't stick out as a diver, I look like about 50%-60% of the other divers in the water. But, I have never lost a group of students, nor have they lost me.
We don't always have the best vis especially down "student road" (the section of the quarry all the dives school use for training as it's a nice road/ledge that bottoms out around 14-15m).
It's about DMs being able to manage the groups they are leading and having situational awareness. Also, slow and steady wins the race.

For reference, this is what i look like while diving:
1459324_642916434815_1037762427_n.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom