Getting rid of the EOS swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I attached a standard 7 foot hose to my Delta4. If the EOS is the same as the Delta 4, you just need the coupler from any other modern Oceanic Reg to replace the swivel attachment.

Just look up the discussions on this same issue with the Delta 4

The Delta 4 solution will not work in this case - the coupler is not compatible with the EOS.

Yeah, I already discovered that, when I dissasembled my EOS and one of my GT3's to see if that would work. :D

Hey Doug, I was just curious if you guys have finished the adaptor needed to put a standard hose on the EOS second stage?

Sorry for the delay... No way to replace that swivel hose. We're very close to an adapter that's going to accomplish the same for our AERIS Ion regs - and I believe, that will enable the same on the EOS. FWIW, 5 and 7 foot swivel hoses are available.

Doug,

Do you have a part number for the 7ft swivel hose for the EOS. My LDS is having trouble getting one.

Thanks

I've successfully avoided the DIY reg repair debate for 4+ years and 865 posts... I know that I'll look back on those days as some of the happiest of my life... :wink:

Oceanic trains and distributes technical documentation only through authorized dealers - so, unless you've got a connection, I am unable to provide the procedure.

Which is exactly why some of us will never buy an Oceanic reg.

Sorry for the delay... No way to replace that swivel hose. We're very close to an adapter that's going to accomplish the same for our AERIS Ion regs - and I believe, that will enable the same on the EOS. FWIW, 5 and 7 foot swivel hoses are available.

I wanted to follow-up about this. I have the same issue with a Hollis 212 that came with a swivel, which I understand is the same fitting as on the EOS/Ion, etc. I don't need the "swivelness," and would be happy for any adapter that let me attach the 212 to a normal hose.

(I know there are 7" swivel hoses available, but I really prefer miflex.)

I posted in the Hollis forum, but they suggested posting over here.

So, any news on that adapter? I think its been most of a year since Doug posted that Oceanic was working on it.

(I know there are 7" swivel hoses available, but I really prefer miflex.)

So, any news on that adapter? I think its been most of a year since Doug posted that Oceanic was working on it.

I don't believe that there is a 7ft swivel hose for the EOS. My LDS asked and was told that it did not exist. I did PM Doug, but did not receive a response.

My LDS ended up getting me a Delta 4 (not 4.1) with a 7 ft swivel hose and I use the EOS on the short hose.

Nice gear, but the communication seems to be somewhat confused/lacking.

If you do get an answer to your question, please let me know.

I thought the EOS and Delta 4 etc. all had the same size adapter for the swivel, and it was the same as the atomic? Mine is actually a Hollis DC 212.

Anyway, Oceanic seems to be pointedly ignoring all inquiries on the topic...

No, the EOS uses a totally different connection than the Delta 4. The Delta 4 has a nice little adaptor that gets rid of the swivel. Right now I am thinking of either giving the EOS to my fiancee and taking her GT3 as my reg, or seeing if I can trade someone a Delta 4 straight up for my EOS second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom