Getting the stink out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is Sink the Stink I am using. It has only worsened the problem. My other gear does fine with it.

I will try the Listerine can’t hurt. Maybe my suit will at least be minty fresh. BTW I know a foot Dr that recommends soaking your feet in Listerine twice a day for 6 months to get rid of nail fungus. Talk about sweet feet!

Thanks,
Flea

Once in a while, to 'clean' my wetsuit, I just put it in the tub and douse it with Axe body wash. Works like a charm! :wink:

Works nicely for booties too. Just apply the Axe and rinse under the shower or soak it in water. You don't need that much axe either, just enough so you can foam up the suit inside and out, and for booties, just a few drops and continuous rinsing.

-Francis

divemaster_jim:
Are you using Mirazyme? I always use sink the stink in my gear, then let it air dry outside, never failed yet,
I have good luck with Mirazyme. I've also used Sink-the-stink but I'm not sure which is worse, the original smell or the smell of sink-the-stink. Maybe it's just a psychological thing where I associated the sink-the-stink smell with foul smelling neoprene. :)

Most of the time simply rinsing out my gear with a bit of J&K baby shampoo before it has dried keeps everything fresh. Only once in a while do I need to break out the Mirazyme, usually when stuff has been left crumpled up wet so it didn't dry for a couple days.

I used Amway LOC back in North Carolina. The movers didn't want to move any bottles of liquid so it got left behind. I want to find a dealer out here in the Portland/Vancouver area. It worked for me.

I always soak all the gear after trip in bath tub full of water and Dettol, I use the one with some added perfume (not original smell). I let it soak for 1-2 days.

You could always try to wear the lycra on the outside and let the smell wash out in the sea.

For gear and neoprene, I use generic Listerine. Probably about 2 cups for a large sink/tub of water. (actually, I normally just pour it in till it smells about right.) I put neoprene in one tub and gear in another. Let it soak a couple of hours, then hang to dry. No problems so far. I do open up the bc bladder to get the solution in there, as well.
For my lycra skin, it just goes in the delicate cycle of the washing machine with the swim suits. Fluff dry in the dryer and hang.

So, how does one use Listerine to clean the inside of the BC? Anyone have step by step instruction with amount of listerine to be used?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom