Getting tired of reading about the same old thing (Score: DIR: 3; Strokes: 0)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That if you're DIR, you're not allowed to have fun. And you must spend the mandatory 3 nights a week watching videos of the "Fearless Leader". Don't forget self-mutilation Tuesdays and Proselyzation 101 on Thursdays.

You must, of course, keep a humorless demeanor at all times and even dry, cynical, comedy is strictly prohibited.

Severe beatings are the order of the day for non compliance. Or at least a good taunting deserving of such extreme strokery... Every month you must meet your quota of strokes identified and suitably chastised. If they'll still listen to you, after you're no longer beet red and have wiped the drool from your face, conversion must be attempted at all costs.

I love it!! How can you not join the ranks of the marching multitude in black??

Laugh....

Or at least listen to the info thats out there... And do your best to enjoy and improve your diving!

For me, DIR really means:

D iving
I s
R ewarding

No matter if you are hardcore technical or a once a year recreational.....I've never had a bad dive.

raviepoo once bubbled...

It's very very cold here in New York City. I wish Spring would come and make it OK to leave my heated apartment. Cabin fever sucks.

I agree. Its hitting -15 deg. F tonight.

I got frostbite on my hand carrying tanks this past weekend. That just might be an indication that its time to stop diving for a few weeks.

But, then again, I'm supposed to be back in the water on Sunday.

So, on a more serious (and antagonistic) note.

JPMorrison, why do you feel that diving infrequently is an excuse for poor attitude and skills? Or is there some other reason you don't like DIR (man, talk about a self-fufilling prophecy).

Iam thinking that 1-2 dives per doesn't make you a lousey diver, but I can't see how one can really hone their diving skills. DIR has nothing to do with being recreational diveing or not. It is just a different attitude towards diving. (no I am not DIR).....So I am unsure what the point of this thread is.....:bonk: :confused: :boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom