Gilboa vs. Haigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a group meeting up at Gilboa this coming weekend. Hit me up if you decide to go there. I have Black Focus and pink harness to my BP/W. Oh and Strawberry brownies. LOL

Here's the wrecking crew forum....

Great Lakes Wrecking Crew - ScubaBoard

Thanks for all the info. Looks like Haigh is out, Gilboa is about an hour and half closer anyway. Was also looking at White Star, any thoughts? If I do Gilboa I'll be sure to look for you Tiggrr. It'll be Saturday and I have a gold expedition pulling a large gray trailer.

Greetings Crazy Uncle I was at Gilboa on Saturday and Sunday water temps were very nice still average temps in the 70's surface obviously warmer. The tubes are still in the 45º range as previously stated if you are diving below 60' it is always in the 38º - 40º range so no big shock there. The visibility was pretty good in the 40'-50' range and on Sunday it was even better.
I will be there again on Saturday afternoon pending my recovery from the flu and sinus attach. Guess I had too much fun last weekend. HA!
The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew fall meet and greet is the next week end October 10th and 11th. It is also the Haunted Quarry week end with all the festivities pumpkin carving and all. I will be attending the events of the week end with my wife and friends.
I hope you have a great time and check out the new boats and the big cat fish are becoming pretty active as well. Have fun and safe diving to you.
Camg Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I was at Gilboa this weekend and viz was pretty good 30 to 40 ft before students and 10 to 20 after students. I even watched group with the instructor standing on the bottom, that didn't help. The viz on the deep side was not very good 20 to 30 ft at 125 ft. I had friends at Haigh this weekend and they said viz was 5 to 10 ft. so I would avoid that. Gilboa is a better dive IMHO.

Thanks for all the info, Haigh is deffinately out because of the vis, Gilboa is looking better and better but the folks over at Great Lakes Wrecking Crew have me looking in to White Star. Any thoughts on this?

Eh......I personally like Gilboa better. You can feed the fish. They are pretty big and used to divers feeding them. The plane and tubes are fun to swim thru, its fun to sit on the motorcycle and the tailgate of the truck.

Whitestar is ok if your not camping. I personally didn't like having to drive across the street to get to the tents after a dive so, we just don't go there much. There's not as many things sunk there either. Although, I saw they just put in a piano.

They are both fine places to dive. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom