Ginnie BBQ Cert Levels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Jenny, how can we all reverse our names for April fool's day?

That reminded me that Jenny was the new name of the boat in Father Goose. If you are into old Cary Grant movies, that one is hilarious (and you will see why this reminded me!).

The name reversal is very cool.

I'm tentatively planning to make it to Ginnie on Saturday at least, but I didn't sign up. I'll just get there if I can and join the group there.

I'm PADI Rescue/Nitrox, IANTD Nitrox. Jenny, I'll be glad to buddy with you. I've been there lots of times - it's great.

BTW, here's a link to a great little booklet on the Ginnie Springs website that answers most common questions. I couldn't find it on any of the menus at the website, but I had it bookmarked.

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/downloads.htm

also, FYI, the website recommends the Great Outdoors Trading Company cafe - we've had terrible service and bad food there on two occasions, so be warned. The little gift shop is nice, though, lots of books about fossil hunting, local flora and fauna, etc.

Since Ginnie doesn't have Nitrox, you have to go into High Springs for fills if you want to breathe it. It's not too far, and the shop in town is pretty cool.

Actually, Cave Excursions is only 2.5 miles past Ginnie and they have nitrox. Closer than High Springs.

NAUI: OW

"if you are cave certified, you can do whatever the heck you want
as long as it's not putting dirt in my regualtor (Gibbon's, on the other hand,
is fair game)"
The ONLY thing I'll say on this is: "Good luck"

adder70:
So Jenny, how can we all reverse our names for April fool's day?
LOL onnud I

NAUI OW

I'll be diving the Main Spring and the Ballroom. The Devil's Eye, and Ear with no lights just camera. Maybe drift the river if its clear enough.

Wildbill:cop_2:

OBG - cave, I'll probably be somewhere in the system with jviehe, in OW with a class, or filling H2Andy's reg with dirt.

Ben

Yes, stay away from evil EE, they will steal your soul and sell it to Halcyon/GUE. :)

Ginnie staff also recommends a local diner, Floyd's to eat at, we went and got terrible service, not sure if we will go again though.

We rented some BP/Wings for EE, then i enjoyed them so much i went out and bought cheaper gear elsewhere nearer home. Didnt go to Cave Excursions, dont have my own tanks yet, so dont care about using a rental to fill with regular air even though i will be nitrox by the time of this party. The dives in the main cavern dont go down below 55ft, no real need for nitrox unless you have a larger tank (or doubles) as you will suck the air down before you reach the NDL (unless you truly sip air).

We are both essentially Padi OW, non-cavern/cave, doing the regular OW diver things like going in the ballroom and poking our heads in the caverns in the devils system, but going no further nor carrying lights.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom