Ginnie Bypass Lines Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I was always impressed with the videos that Steve Bogaerts made, so I attempted to make one in a similar vein of my own. Moving beyond just making quick 30 second to minute long clips. This has been my project that I've been working on for the past month, taking three dives and six hours of diving to make a five minute video.

Hopefully I was able to catch and clean up any technical diving errors before publishing. Though I still see one or two things to fix.

Youtube link for devices that don't see the embed

I was always impressed with the videos that Steve Bogaerts made, so I attempted to make one in a similar vein of my own. Moving beyond just making quick 30 second to minute long clips. This has been my project that I've been working on for the past month, taking three dives and six hours of diving to make a five minute video.

Hopefully I was able to catch and clean up any technical diving errors before publishing. Though I still see one or two things to fix.

Youtube link for devices that don't see the embed
Great Shots!

.... taking three dives and six hours of diving to make a five minute video.
Video editing is brutal to get just a minute of published material. Youtube says they are about to release a generative low coding that will automatically take your 5min video and spit out a 'Great' 30 second short to add more views.

I was pretty impressed how you kicked, pulled & glided thru the restrictions into the flow. And your green suit is a trademark of yours that everyone knows. Nice video and I like the fixed camera position !!

Nice video. What are you using for lighting?

Video editing is brutal to get just a minute of published material.

Honestly editing isn’t too hard as I have my video pretty much planned out before I hit the water. It is mostly the non-capture tasks like setup, tear down, and deco.

I was pretty impressed how you kicked, pulled & glided thru the restrictions into the flow. And your green suit is a trademark of yours that everyone knows.
My green suit is getting lighter and lighter. I want to ask if I can get a custom Multicam suit next.

That flow wasn’t fun, for a second I thought I was stuck or scraping.
Nice video. What are you using for lighting?

Two L&M Sola Pro 3800s on camera
Two BigBlue 15k Warm White and one BigBlue 30k Warm White as drop lights.

I think I need at least one more of each BigBlue.

Obviously a lot of work setting up the cameras to get the view of you coming in. Pretty cool! Thanks!

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

What first stages are those? While there’s nothing “broken” necessarily, the whistling overpowers the video and isn’t exactly in spec from the manufacturer. A pair of my newew MK19s did it after a fresh service kit, and then a new identical kit was put in and it stopped. Mfg might be happy to replace the kits that cause it.

Edit: yeah, look like MK19

What first stages are those? While there’s nothing “broken” necessarily, the whistling overpowers the video and isn’t exactly in spec from the manufacturer. A pair of my newew MK19s did it after a fresh service kit, and then a new identical kit was put in and it stopped. Mfg might be happy to replace the kits that cause it.

Mk19E, I've had them for about two years by Scubapro rules they are probably due for service. But the IP is holding so I want to wait a bit. It looks like it only happens when I am really pushing in the flow I will have to see my long hose side does that, as I apparently only selected the runs where I was using my short hose.

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

If it doesn’t squeak at some point it’s not a scuba pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom