Ginnie Springs Trip Report - 12/17/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
TS&M, this was my third trip into the Ballroom. I do it every time I'm at Ginnie. This was my first time taking an HID in there though and not just my pitiful backup light! :)

While it is typically a no-no for non-cavern certified divers to enter most caverns, this one is considered "OW Safe" whatever that means. I've been in two other caverns, but have either just swam around near the entrance, or have entered with several cave divers while still having my own light, and a firm idea of where the line and exit was.

The diving in N. FL. opens up tremedously with a cavern certification, and is something many people here pursue quite soon after OW or AOW. Living in your area, I don't know that this would be as useful. I'm thinknig of moving my timetable up on my Cavern class from next fall to next spring, just to have more freshwater systems available to me.

As a side note, I've had some people ask why I have those reflective bands and letters on my tank. If you look at the pics on Jon's site, and see the photo with me suiting up, you'll see why. For those of you who dive in the murk, it REALLY helps people locate you, and know who it is they are looking at.

Yes , do get that Cavern !!!
There are some caverns out there that BLOW Ginnie's ballroom away ... !!!

Sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday but it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL TIME !!!
AWESOME !!!

Jeano Beano

Perrone, I think you really should make a new avatar from you donning pic! I remember you telling about it, it looks quite impressive man.

piikki, I better do it soon. I'll be in doubles after January and I won't be able to do that anymore! LOL!

PerroneFord:
piikki, I better do it soon. I'll be in doubles after January and I won't be able to do that anymore! LOL!

WAY COOL !!!!

Doubles are great...
(Except at Devil's Den ... They don't allow them there ... ) :06:

Jeano Beano

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom