Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, you can dive Rainbow River which is close to Crystal River. See Crystal River Dive Tours Florida Snorkel Tours FL Snorkeling

If you make it to Ginnie, dive the ballroom and for a second dive (if the Sante Fe is clear), enter at Little Devils, float over the Eye and the Ear and then drift down the Sante Fe back to the ballroom. You can (and should) take lights in the ballroom but lights are not allowed by OW divers in the Devils area.

Please don't go into the overhead with the proper training. Divers have died in the Ginnie Springs Ballroom.

For OW dives in the North Florida area, check out Alexander Springs, Troy Springs, and Rainbow River. Those are all great places to dive without having to go into any overhead. Or why not schedule a cavern class and do it the safe way...

Don't forget Troy Springs either ... (Florida State Park)

Jean

Troy Springs is kind of cool. Old Civil War era boat wreck there. Never been but always wanted.

FYI, the state park entry fee for divers is now $15 instead of $10.

Paradise Springs (cavern) and Royal Springs (good if you like to dive in toilets) are other options.

I must be imagining things. You surely to god are not suggesting to someone that they violate the rules that govern diver behavior at Ginnie, and compound that by suggesting they also dive in an overhead environment without the required training and equipment?

Your profile suggests you are a certified cave diver. Remember Exley's guidelines to safe cave diving... the one about training?

???

The rules at Ginnie is that OW divers can take lights into the ballroom.

I went into it with no cave or cavern training. (solo even)

???

The rules at Ginnie is that OW divers can take lights into the ballroom.

I went into it with no cave or cavern training. (solo even)

I did it many times at Morrison springs too. But then I took classes and learned that I was clueless to the dangers you put yourself in. Rules or no rules it is not smart to go in an overhead if you dont know what you are doing.

I did it many times at Morrison springs too. But then I took classes and learned that I was clueless to the dangers you put yourself in. Rules or no rules it is not smart to go in an overhead if you dont know what you are doing.

Beats swimming around in the 4' deep creek.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom