Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the book tip. Just got the book in from Amazon. More FLA dives sites than I ever dreamed of. Nice piece on Sheck too.

excellent and thanks

Looks like our travel plan is to the Keys the week of 10-24 to dive the Thunderbolt then week of 11-14 to Grotto and Ginnie. Jump in the rental and head for Troy Spring area to finish up.

Maybe Orange Grove might clear up by the time you do Troy. The 1st 20-30 feet is really cloudy. OG is always a fun dive (SMILE)

Jean

We'll have to take what we get when we get there. Either way we're going to get wet and it sure beats Sea Conditions in the NE right now.

I dive Blue Grotto once a month and like the above poster said, it's about a mile and a half from Devil's Den. You can't dive 40 Fathom now unless you have an instructor or pay for one of their "guides." Check out the Florida State Parks website. Several state parks allow spring diving and the standard charge is ten bucks. I would suggest you hit the springs during the week if possible. LDSs use them for open water check outs and they can get crowded on the weekends.
Took your advice and did (1) at the Grotto and (1) at Devils. Likes it so much I returned 2 weeks later and did it again. Nice place....nice owners.

Took your advice and did (1) at the Grotto and (1) at Devils. Likes it so much I returned 2 weeks later and did it again. Nice place....nice owners.

Next time, drive down to Ocala and hit Paradise Springs. It's pretty unique. Again, like the others, I suggest going on a weekday. Paradise is $30.00.
If you go there or to Blue Grotto and need a buddy, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom