Glad I found this place...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cant really give an answer on that sorry :( I was taught in my job unless I am a doc I cant give medical advice

First off, let me commend you for even finding this thread...

The issue is gas soluability. There are issues with hydration on the front side... and perhaps more importantly... on the back side.

It is not a good idea, for example, to take a hot shower after diving.. or soak in a hot tub...the same is true for heavy exersize, as it can dehydrate you and raise your core temperature.

How important it is, depends on a ton of factors...if it was a shallow keys dive in warm water at around 20 ft... versus a cold water dive at the maximimum dive limits...

The first type of dive may not be an issue at all... the later a major concern. But there are lots of other factors (include the human doing the diving)

I would suggest that one let a dive day, be a dive day.. unless it is a very shallow, warm water dive. Would understand if others suggested even that is a bad idea.

Oh, welcome to the board..

Hello guys I am new here and I would like to know why if you exercise after diving you may get a DCS hit. My main sport is Tennis. I am a coach and a very advanced player. What I mean by this is that I usually get into a court for 3 to 4 hours if I am playing and for up to 8 hrs if I am teaching. This is almost every day. I would like to know if there is anything that I can do to prevent this without doing the obious that is not diving or not playint tennis.

Thank you

Dan's answer:

DAN Divers Alert Network

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom