Glands, right angle glands, and cables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at modifying/building some canisters and lights.

Are they all just genaric waterproof cable glands, or are their depth rated ones?

Are there any right angle glands available?

Cord/cable recomendations? Is waterblocked wire worth the extra $$, or just get something durable?

I used pflitsch blue globe cable glands when I do my stuff. I like the stainless and coated brass models and they are able to fit a large range of wire sizes.

Right angles are hard to come by and are normally just elbows attached to cable glands.

If you find a goodle cable product to buy in the US please share.

I use a 4$ gland from McMaster on a rebreather head I built. It is waterproof and looks like the OEM plastic ones everyone uses. Available in a ton of sizes with size ranges.
20230411_183313.jpg
20230411_175452.jpg

Tough to assess the level of satire in there if you're replying to my post. But glands are not expensive and the ratings for them are usually published.

We've used off the shelf "rigid" brand glands which are dollars, for years on self made u/w lights for commercial diving supply.

Yeah and I have used the power cord from the last kitchen appliance that blew up

OP should start here..
Screenshot_20230423_221638_McMaster.jpg

I did, and used plastic sewer plumbing for the canister and standard glands as shown
and a torch body converted to halogen

Ha ha ha look what I turned up ha ha ha

307 004a.jpg

without the torch body converted to halogen
but there is a spotlight housing that's halogen
a bugger hacking throught the silicone packing sealant to change a globe ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ok it was a few blown up kitchen appliances ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom