Glasses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need reading glasses and tried diving with no correction and while it is possible for me to see well enough I was not really comfortable. I tried using one of those magnifying lenses that you glue in your mask and that worked fairly well. One day while looking around in a dive shop I found a mask with essentially bifocal lenses, so I was able to actually try one on and check it out. They had one mask with a reading correction of 1.5 and another mask with a correction of 2.5. Since my precsription is 2.5, I bought the mask. (cost about $90, listed for $129) One of the best dive gear purchases I have made.

stiffany:
Diving with glasses?

So for those of us whose eyes are not "acceptable candidates" for contact lenses, is it possible to dive with regular glasses? It doesn't seem that possible considering my experience with a mask, but what did people do before contacts or without expensive prescription masks as occassional recreational divers?

While I dive with contacts, it would cost me less to put perscription lenses in my mask than it does to have glasses made :D

I think Scubatoys charges $39 a lens for my favorite mask the XVision.

to answer your question ... 'years ago' while snorkeling I would put an old pair of glasses into my mask (the ears had broken off) and use that ...it "worked" but an Rx mask is SOOOO much better....
Aloha, Tim

Yea, when my computer beeps, I know I must be doing something wrong.
I have never had to wear glasses and recently, okay six years ago, I started having trouble. STILL in denial but I think I would be better at photography if I could see those little numbers on my Nikon....the waiters usually tell me the best thing to order. Oh, and really young boyfriends that can see are good too.
I think I might use that link above and break down and get a mask at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom