GLWC Order Posting 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I got a ten minute break.

Penny: All the other colors on the hunter green sweatshirt were the same. Maybe the wording on the front logo isn't part of the graphic, so it's color was easier to change... but don't quote me on that as gospel. That's just my guess.

Randy: Okay, it's not really a job or work. I'm just rubbing elbows with my dive sponsors so that they will keep the bi-weekly contributions coming.

DMP: I'm with you. I like the black one best.

Okay, times up. I gotta go back and work... er, I mean, mingle with my sponsors some more. :wink:

pennypue:
Maxine, you rock!!!
That really helps. I like both the black and the steel gray this way.
Can I be a pain and ask you to do the front logo too? :D
I'm thinking that the wording on the front logo might be best on the steel gray.
Not sure if I would want everyone reading the front logo by touch!!! :11:

:laughing:
i'll help with this :eyebrow:

i too like the black, but it'd be a bear to keep clean. i'm thinking either the color they had @ MGIII or some other lighter color.

still keeping an eye out for just patches :wink:

joedelt:
i'll help with this :eyebrow:
I'll let Mitten and diverbrian know.........

All,
the hunter green is a nice tweener color when compared with grey & black. Both logo's look great on green imo. The lettering on the front logo is white so it does show up nicely.

Think mother earth, think green.

I like the black best even though you can't see the divers as well. You still know it's a dive jacket because of the flag. Other divers will pay close enough attention to see the divers in the design, who cares about everyone else right?

Black doesn't show grime as easily as lighter colors do when you talk about clothes. Cars are a completely different story :wink:

Green would work for me too or I'll be happy with the khaki. Looks like it might be time for a poll LOL!
Ber

Ber Rabbit:
I like the black best even though you can't see the divers as well. You still know it's a dive jacket because of the flag. Other divers will pay close enough attention to see the divers in the design, who cares about everyone else right?

Black doesn't show grime as easily as lighter colors do when you talk about clothes. Cars are a completely different story :wink:

Green would work for me too or I'll be happy with the khaki. Looks like it might be time for a poll LOL!
Ber
Can you set us up with one Ber?
And it should be for people wish to order one.
Not just those who wish to express an opinion.
<you know......I'm from Nebraska, I don't want one....but......, i hate gray, school bus yellow is my favorite color.>:wink:

pennypue:
<you know......I'm from Nebraska, I don't want one....but......, i hate gray, school bus yellow is my favorite color.>:wink:

You must be talking about short-bus yellow! :)

Seriously, hunter green would be good too.

pennypue:

Brian should be the one to set up the poll since this whole project is really his baby (he's the one who fronted the money for the design) and he knows exactly which color options he has and would be willing to use from the supplier. He has at least one dive buddy who's favorite color is yellow though so I would be careful with the yellow comments :wink: We don't have any way to limit who votes though.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Brian should be the one to set up the poll since this whole project is really his baby (he's the one who fronted the money for the design) and he knows exactly which color options he has and would be willing to use from the supplier. He has at least one dive buddy who's favorite color is yellow though so I would be careful with the yellow comments :wink: We don't have any way to limit who votes though.
Ber :lilbunny:

Yeah, and he's a tough biker type as well. :)

To be honest, I don't know if I like the idea of black with all of the dark colors in the design work. Computer generated doesn't always match real life.

The tan doesn't show dirt as well as people seem to believe. I wear mine nearly every day and have washed it twice. Both times were when I spilled coffee on it in the car. (Can I get that in an IV line please <LOL>?)

That being said, I don't want to go more than two color schemes. That is all that we have on everything else and it keeps things simpler on poor ScubaFishee (who works hard to collate orders) and me (your jack-of-all trades who is either working or diving on weekends).

I could put up a poll for the second color scheme. My vote would be green as I have the sweatshirts and the Forest/Hunter green shows up well. If the majority wanted, we could try Black or one of the other colors, but if the colors didn't come out as planned, I can't refund money. The buyer would be stuck with an ugly jacket, LOL. That is a lot of money to be out.

In any case, give me a little bit to set up a poll. I have to start getting ready for that dreaded place that plays for my diving.

diverbrian:
I could put up a poll for the second color scheme. My vote would be green as I have the sweatshirts and the Forest/Hunter green shows up well. If the majority wanted, we could try Black or one of the other colors, but if the colors didn't come out as planned, I can't refund money. The buyer would be stuck with an ugly jacket, LOL. That is a lot of money to be out.

In any case, give me a little bit to set up a poll. I have to start getting ready for that dreaded place that plays for my diving.
Has it been long enough yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom