Goa Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jumana Ameeri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone!

Has anyone been diving in Goa recently? I'm planning a visit end of February beginning March and was wondering about visibility issues as my searches in Google didn't get good outcomes., some reviews said that visibility was only a couple of meters?!

Is that true?

any feedback is appreciated

Hi there,

Right now the visibility will be good compared to other seasons. The viz will be about 2 mts approx. But nothing to see much except few km away from Goa, there is an Island called Netrani. There the viz. is superb.
Cheers Gilbert Neil Antony MSDT - PADI

Thanks for the feedback. I checked about Netrani Island but seems it has been closed off to diving since Oct 2014 due to some navy issues which is really sad. I guess I'l just check out some local sites if the visibility is good enough

Bumping this thread... I'm curious about Goa too. I'll be travelling for business end of september (Bangalore). I have 1 free weekend so I was wondering if it would work out to fly to Goa and get a dive or two in... which operator to work with? Locals?

I'm a vacation diver with just OW cert and I don't go very often.

Will be in Goa in January, so I pulled up some YouTube videos of diving there. The videos I saw did not encourage me to drag my gear over there. While I have seen far worse visibilities, the videos did not stir much enthusiasm for diving there. But, I fully realize that the vis could have been better on any other day or dive site, and will certainly keep my options open.
Let us know what you find.

Back
Top Bottom