going ANILAO fm 8th to 13th Aug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as for #3...
hmm... you probably got a load of comments from the other divers on this thread but guys, remember, #3 is not designed for us. its for the beer-drinking, porkchop-grilling, and bring-your-own homemade spaghetti family outings, with concrete floors and bathroom tile table tops.

dove there during the past year's international cleanup, discovered that the first thing they needed to clean up was the resort.

and by the way, they're not cheap either.

#22 is also one of my favorites. Villa Ligaya is small, homey, has great food and accomodations. its a tech diving facility which caters to everybody. so you can dive singles, doubles, nitrox, etc. or if you're not into tech, you can do a nitrox class there or just dive. the dms are really great (they're tech dm's so probly they should be)
they don't have a pool though (unlike monte carlo, which has 2).
best of all, they have several sppedboats which can get you anywhere in anilao, verde island, or even puerto galera really quick.

Coalboy, thanks for the good info... are there any worthwhile deep dives in Anilao?

there are lots of sites you can go deep. but worthwhile, i dunno. i'm not too much into "goin deep for the sake of goin deep", you know? but i particulary like mapating cave, at around 45m. ligpo island also has a drop off whic goes to probly more than 60m.

as for #23, Aquaventure is nice 'coz it can fit lots of people and different dive groups. if you're sociable, you can mingle with lots of different divers with diferent levels and tastes. its a good immersion into the local dive culture. and if you're picky with food, you can order just what you want from the menu (or go all out buffet). plus they have other watersports for your non-diver companions, or just somethin to do during surface intervals.

pakman:
Kimchi? ah good ol' fermented spicy cabbage... works well as a shark repellent... :D
that hair do works well as shark repellent
image.php

Jag

Not sure what that means, but I appreciate any help. This is a once in a lifetime trip to Ph. for me. There are SO MANY great sounding dive spots and dive operators, that any recommenations from local knowledge much appreciated.

Remember, while you guys are drifting around in clear, 80 degreeF water, I am crashing through the surf at 58 degrees with 15 ft. viz in cold Southern California waters. Consider yourself lucky ...

Mr. RCOLMAN:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom