Going to Cocos Island!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterKtn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just put my deposit down for a week trip at the end of May-beginning June with Okeanos Aggresor. Anyone have any favorite sites I should lobby for? I'm so excited I don't know if I can wait the 3 months! :yl2jump:

crew evaluate the weather and currents and select the dive sites based on conditions.

You won't need to spend much time worrying about which sites are better...they were all impressive. Most people on my trip seemed to rate Alcyon as a favorite.

We had a gentleman give a presentation at our dive club tonight on Cocos Island. The one site I remember him really liking was Dirty Rock. His photos were amazing!

Awhhhhhhh you're so lucky. I'm dying to go there...well, maybe next yr. can't wait for your report and pictures. have fun

Congratulations, Colette! Isn't that a great feeling?

I'm going in April on Sea Hunter! Yayyyy! (Have been signed up for a year, can't believe the trip is finally approaching!)

Here's a toast to all those going to Cocos and all those wanting to someday!
Taxgeek

Taxgeek:
Congratulations, Colette! Isn't that a great feeling?

I'm going in April on Sea Hunter! Yayyyy! (Have been signed up for a year, can't believe the trip is finally approaching!)

Here's a toast to all those going to Cocos and all those wanting to someday!
Taxgeek

Awesome............

I'm booked, with a great crew of professional diving friends, to dive in December, 2 of us on CCR as well, there are 4 spots left if anyone want's to join, give me a PM?

diver567:
Awesome............

I'm booked, with a great crew of professional diving friends, to dive in December, 2 of us on CCR as well, there are 4 spots left if anyone want's to join, give me a PM?

OK that's me (Andy), just Neil saved his ID (remember me) on my laptop!!!!!!!!!

Anyway drop me a PM if anyone fancy's some real action plus I don't mind to offer training on the Inspiration CCR at the same time........

I think I'm a bit obsessed with this trip going well - I just recalled that I had a dream last night that the trip turned out to be like going to a mudpuddle and we were forced to dive under a tiny boat - and no sharks or even fish. And I took my mother with ????

Thanks for the info everyone - I've read a bunch more and I think Alcyon is the one most likely to have the schools of hammerheads - so hopefully we'll get to that one. Dirty Rock, too, is high on the lists.

I can't wait for your report TaxGeek and I promise to do one as soon as I recover.

Now to figure out what kind of luggage to buy...

That's a hilarious dream, Colette. ;-) I have ones like that!

So what type of luggage are you thinking of? I'm thinking 2 soft duffels for clothes (only a few) and scuba gear, with regs, mask, laptop and camera packed in the SMALL! (and light looking) carryon. I never know how much space the boat will have for luggage stowage.

I'll try to write a report while I'm there.

From what I gather, Alcyone and Dirty Rock are two of the bread and butter sites that all of the boats go to on every trip, so I wouldn't worry too much about them going there.

I'm worried more about the ride out and getting seasick (bleh). My doctor gave me lots of drugs to make me sleep, and scopalomine will be my friend! Hopefully that will be enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom