Going to Inn of Last Resort (Roatan), any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefguy06

Registered
Reaction score
Leaving Sep 9 for a week in Roatan at the Inn of Last Resort. Never been there before. I "think" I'm ready but if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate hearing them.

Just got of the plane yesterday... Weather was great...

My first sugjestion would be to let Capt Ed know what kind of diving you like to do
Walls - swim throughs - caves - wrecks - looking for small stuff... He'll try his best to adjust the scedual to fit your needs...

Second - Don't let your first impression of Kirk the DM fool you - he looks like he just got out of marine boot camp and he's not real chatty but he will go out of his way to see that you have a very safe and great time..... Really he's a pretty good guy....

West End is about a mile and 1/2 down the road - just ask and they will give you a ride in any time you want - then you can catch a cab back for about 3 bucks.....

The boats are all covered and there are about 30 dive sites within 15 minutes from the resort - the longest ride will be if you want to dive the Wreck of the Oddesy, its about 25 minutes - all the dive sites are withing 200 yards of the shore so all your boat rides will be parrell with the island about 1/8 mile off shore....

The Inn is pretty small 35 rooms so you can expect allot of personal attention...

Don't over look the Lugoon - It's only about 5ft deep but snorkle or have them carry your gear over there after you third dive of the day - You will see ALLOT of really cool marine life in there - it really is supriseing what can be found in that little cove.....

Your room will be spotlesy clean - AC - but no TV - If you have a laptop with wireless bring it as you can get on the WEB any place on the property...

PM me if you have any specific questions -

My don't miss sites would be

Spooky Channel - Swim Throughs - Fantastic Rock Formations
Wreck of the El Aguila - Friendly Green Morays - Pretty cool little wreck - Eel Garden
Cave and swim thoughs behind Hole in the Wall - Really cool Cave - tones of swim throughs....

I can also recomend going on the Shark Dive - The Inn will take you and your gear over there and see that you get back - They aren't associated with the Inn and really don't remeber what they charge but I can assure it it's well worth it........

I can't stress enough to let Ed know what you want to do - be it diving or other activities - if you aren't happy with something let Ed know and he'll try to correct it...

If you don't have a great time please pm or email me and let me know what they could have done to make it better...

Have a great trip
Howie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom