Going to Provo (T&C) on the 8th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pitchblack70

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Okay, this is it! My first real scuba vacation, after certifying last summer in Long Island with both my OW and AOW. (Hubbie's getting his OW next week, so that it'll be a couples thing.)

What to expect? We'll be there a week, and so far in my (very short) diving career, I've basically only had 5 ft visibility and seen a few Blennies and horseshoe crabs... :D

I will be diving there the week before you but last time I was there the vis was 80ft, the water temp was 78 and the diving was great. You will be glad you put the time into the c-card!!! Have fun!!!!!!!

Check out Dutch Springs for your local dives. The vis was 50 foot last week!

I love Prov, it's a great island and the diving around the island is out of this
world. You'll love it, and may not come home!

I've not been there since 2008, but I'm looking forward to going
back next year.

Dive with "Caicos Adventures" - just outstanding people, and they
have a great dive boat.

Water is warm, viz is 80 to 100 feet.
Beaches are warm and soft.
Drinks are cold.

Life is always good in Prov.

Wish I was going with you.

Enjoy your trip!

Okay, this is it! My first real scuba vacation, after certifying last summer in Long Island with both my OW and AOW. (Hubbie's getting his OW next week, so that it'll be a couples thing.)

What to expect? We'll be there a week, and so far in my (very short) diving career, I've basically only had 5 ft visibility and seen a few Blennies and horseshoe crabs... :D

You're in for a real treat then. The great visibility alone will amaze you and then you can take in the vast array of undersea life that is there. Have a great trip!

Hope you have a great trip. I'll be going to Provo as well on the 23rd. I'll be on my honeymoon and we will be diving with Caicos Adventures.

Please post a dive report when you return. I would love to know what dives you enjoyed and what the water conditions were like.

Thanks to all for the advice...just got back - and had a wonderful time. No pics yet (the group is compiling them, nothing to be ready for about 4 weeks.) BUT - we went out with Dive Provo and the sites were terrific. Saw nurse sharks, turtles, a family of dolphins (while we were on the boat, unfortunately) and rays. Amazing stuff, since I've never dived anywhere else but Long Island. Best sites IMHO - the Amphitheater, the Gully, and the Crack. And the cliffs...beautiful. :D Best yet, we both got our bouyancy down!!

Actually, here are a few pics taken by a friend on the trip:

anchor.jpg

turtle.jpg

lionfish.jpg

Last edited:
Provo is one of the best places to dive. My son did his open water certification there. On his first dive, he saw 2 nurse sharks and 2 reef sharks, on his third dive, he saw a hammerhead! I saw it too, it was awesome! You will love it. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom