Going to the BVI's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Patty:
Glad you had a good time inspite of the OK diving. Sounds like you missed the Rhone. Too bad. That is one of the best dives that the BVI's have to offer.
I also snorkeled in Virgin Gorda at the Baths. What a dream place. Loved it there.
So where are you going next?

Natasha,
Well............that is an interesting story how I missed the Rhone. I was working around the schedule of the Windjammer Ship and the Blue Water Divers' schedule.

I signed up for diving on Tues. and the Rhone was supposed to be on Fri. We were going to the Baths on Thurs. and I definitely didn't want to miss that. So, I was going to dive on Tues. and Fri.
I get extremely tired from diving because I have Fibromyalgia, and back to back days are an awful lot for me, and probably not the safest thing to do because of how fatigued I get.
There were a couple of people who were flying out so early on Sat. at cruise end that they would not have been able to dive the Rhone on Fri. and be safe to fly, so the Windjammer people got BW Divers to change the schedule on that one while I was out on Tues. and decided to go to the Rhone on Wed. That would mean two days in a row for me, and also, they were doing Parasailing on Wed. only, and I wanted to do that beccause I had never tried it before. Thurs. I went to the Baths, and I'm sure glad I did. Then Fri. I assumed the diving would be about like Tues. I went snorkeling at the Indians that day, and it was a lot of fun, too.
That's how I missed the Rhone. If I had known in advance that it would be Wed. I never would have missed it like that. The Parasailing was a blast though.
It was just one of those things.
All in all I had a great time, and I'm not really unhappy about it, except for missing the Rhone. The others said it was a great dive.

Maybe I'll go back there sometime and get to do that dive.

:banging:

Patty:
Sounds like we enjoy the same things. I went parasailing in Grand Bahama and absolutely loved it. I even said if I could start out every work day with a 15 minute parasail, life would be grand!
Well, if you hit the BVI's again, you'll be able to dive the Rhone. Some dive operators do it from St. Thomas too.

:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom