Golf ball diving = DANGER!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Very innovative. What about mud, plants, gunk?

thats why i was thinking of a fine net of other non obtrusive platform that would allow everything to pass through but still small enough holes that balls cannot escape.

dbg40:
Gator huggers.....

lol :D nah just observing the destructive nature of human kind.. not even for self preservation... after all.. killing it now isnt undoing that he got bit... it seems to be more like revenge.. yeah i suppose you could call it preventative action.. but so is not swimming with aligators ::wink:

"Martinez was under murky water at The Links golf course when a group of golfers heard him yell for help, said course manager Dan Hager."

Must have really been yelling for the golfers to hear him under water.......

Yep, this is the time o' the year for gator procreatin' and they are grouchy. They can expect the turtle population in that pond to quadruple now.

WD

landlocked:
Personnaly, I'm glad the diver got away and shoot the d** gator. Allegators and other animals that want to eat me are way down the list in getting any sympathy from me. From an ecological stand point, for one species to support the well being of their competition, or other species that are higher up the food chain, is a little beyond psychotic. Even the wolves are smarter. The first thing the wolves did after being reintroduced into the Yellowstone area, was kill all of the coyotes. But then I guess some would try to pretend that man, the dominate species, is not part of the ecosystem? :06:

I'm glad the diver got away too, but he was in the gator's territory and the gator was just being a gator. Why should the gator be killed for that? To what purpose does it serve? To teach the other gators not to attack man?

I don't understand your analogy with the wolves and the coyotes. The diver was after golf balls not competing with the gator for food.

Your right man is the dominant species of the Eco-system. We understand (or should understand) the impact our actions take on the Eco-system, that's what gives us our dominance.

carlthecat:
This is no time to be in the water where aligators may live. I do a lot of fishing in the everglades and let me tell you, the mating season is in full swing. Aligators are a hundred times more agressive during mating season. Maybe golf ball retrievers should sit April and May out and start again in June. Just my 2¢.
Nice avitar!
He has the look of trying to maintain dignity in a truely undignified situation :)

onfloat:
I'm glad the diver got away too, but he was in the gator's territory and the gator was just being a gator. Why should the gator be killed for that? To what purpose does it serve? To teach the other gators not to attack man?

I don't understand your analogy with the wolves and the coyotes. The diver was after golf balls not competing with the gator for food.

Your right man is the dominant species of the Eco-system. We understand (or should understand) the impact our actions take on the Eco-system, that's what gives us our dominance.
Well stated. So what is the answer? Do you just let the aligator stay on the golf course and bite the next person that offers the opportunity?

landlocked:
Well stated. So what is the answer? Do you just let the aligator stay on the golf course and bite the next person that offers the opportunity?

Sure why not.
The gators where there first. Why should they give up thier home just so some people can go there and bash a few white balls around.

Maybe someone should put a sign saying "Beware Of The 'Gators".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom