Good dive roller bag with durable wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fluff_astrid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m looking for a good-sized dive roller with durable wheels to take on local dives that require a 20 min walk on pavement and cobblestone. Most recommendations for dive rollers seem to be based on the roller’s ability to be checked on aircraft, but perhaps less so about how well the wheels hold up in non-tiled-airport-floor conditions. Ideally the bag can be somewhat collapsible as well since I live in a small flat with limited storage.

I was looking around and the dive rollers I’ve found seemed to get bad reviews in regards to durability, OTOH, I’ve found a good number of reviews for golf bags since they seem to be built for dragging around outdoor terrain all day, and they seem to be the right size. Has anyone considered/tried those?

Pricey (I paid EUR140 or thereabouts two years ago) but it has great wheels, is superbly made, works on planes as standard-size luggage, and holds two full sets of equipment.

Best, C.

This is probably the most durable dive gear wheeled bag. I have the carry on, the backpack and the smaller sized one but I am waiting for this specific size to fit my equipment. They are built to last!!

I also have a Stahlsac wheeled dive bag, the best bag I've owned and they have a limited life time warranty.

And they last a life time too.

I have been using LL Bean bags for our dive bags for about 20 years. We have two big ones that are still going strong. They make some seriously durable, well made bags that are nicely sized and priced. Bean's guarantee is still pretty darn good (used be lifetime for any reason up until 2018). And a variety of sizes to fit your situation. Here are a couple:

The Ogio Rig 9800 is a staple of the oilfield, I’ve owned two and like it for diving as well. Absolutely not “carry on” but it will haul your whole kit sans tanks and weights with room to spare. Wheel bearings on my current one are actually going, I should probably swap them out, but the overall durability and performance is quite good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom