Good Idea for Dive Flag Tie-Down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found something I think will work quite well for tying up your dive flag when there isn't anything to tie-off to. It is a spiral spike used for dogs, but it looks like it would work quite well in the sand. This would be a good way to secure off a dive flag at St. Andrews (and other places). Here is the link: Four Paws Walk About Spiral Stake 19 - Outdoor - Dog

I've used something like that to spike in the ground to run a navigation line from the beach to a certain spot before and it worked well. Never actually used it underwater though

No reason for it not to work!!

Let me know if you want one Walter...I sell plenty of them!

I found something I think will work quite well for tying up your dive flag when there isn't anything to tie-off to. It is a spiral spike used for dogs, but it looks like it would work quite well in the sand. This would be a good way to secure off a dive flag at St. Andrews (and other places). Here is the link: Four Paws Walk About Spiral Stake 19 - Outdoor - Dog

Let me know if you want one Walter...I sell plenty of them!

I thought about that after I posted. I however did not buy anything from the "evil empire" yet. Guess I will need to get over to FWB.:D

Back
Top Bottom