Good mid level computers for vacation divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the best value in dive computers and has all features you want/need with easy to follow menus. You can get the basic recreational model, iX3M 2 Pro, that will take care of all of your recreational diving needs at all levels. It is AI but you just buy the computer and not the transmitter. You can always buy a transmitter later when you think you want it as to protect your investment should you decide to go full AI.

The distributor for the US is: EDGE-HOG Dive Gear

Here is a list of the dealers in the US:

Thank you! Im in the UK though so it looks like I would need a trip to the EU to get it or have it shipped to me. It actually looks really good and I like that it has a gas mix analyzer too, though its for 300eur extra.

Seeing you're in the UK you may wish to consider Heinrich Weikamp / OSTC range of computers.

Similar in features to Shearwater but with, in my personal opinion, a better display and layout.

The OSTC+ has a user-replaceable 14500 rechargeable battery that recharges wirelessly when in the computer, but can be replaced with a new rechargeable or a standard AA when required.

It has a compass, and syncs via bluetooth with DivingLog or Subsurface apps (I've tried both apps, and prefer DivingLog) - these apps can then calc SAC using your start and end pressure.

You can also upgrade the computer software to include more advanced functions (trimix, rebreather O2, etc) should you ever head in that direction - rather than pay for unwanted features upfront.

Like shearwater they also have excellent customer service.

One feature I would recommend is get a computer that uses Buhlmann algorithms and allows user-adjustable gradient factors (such as the OSTC and Shearwaters). Such technicalities may not seem important as a vacation diver, but you'll wish you had this should you end diving a lot.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Just the dive data like the depth profile, time of dive etc. My current Leonardo Cressi does nothing
Agree with the SAC calculation via a third party app which should be fine if I get the start and end bars correct on an app like Subsurface!
I have the Leonardo and can download all the dive data to a computer, depth profile, all those stupid warnings, time and date etc. Directly into subsurface.

It needs the overpriced IR interface, I was lucky to get it as a freebie with a used computer

Back
Top Bottom