Good news! Parking meters gone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cocos on the malecon have always been a come-and-go kinda thing. Here is a postcard from back in the day. The ones they planted after that died from the Lethal Yellowing disease, caused by Haplaxius crudus. The ones they planted after that were hit with the Red Palm Mite (Raoiella indica).

Did you know cocos are not indigenous to the island? Not even to Mexico. They are from the Southeast Asia and were brought to Mexico for the first time by the Spanish in 1549. Coconut palms didn't make it to Quintana Roo until the 1700s.

View attachment 192301

EverythingCozumel.com maps, books, and well-researched articles about Cozumel

And now bookmarked

Count me as number 2!

EG, two little things. First, I have not run into Ron Coley (he was with Cousteau on Coz) and haven't forgotten to ask him about their stay. Second, your description of the San Miguel map says 3 square feet. I think it's over 6.

Really. So between meters, no parking and a not finding parking because it is FULL of crap.....

Meters! I want meters!!!

Look, we get the Sol girls to work the meters and it is a win-win. More people come downtown to see the Sol girls working, more downtown business and parking revenue, etc etc. Why do I have to be the one to sort all this out?

I mean Australia figured it out for their tourist areas:
865832-meter-maids.jpg

Not necessarily a good thing - now there is NO parking on the malecon between 9am and 6pm

Not necessarily a good thing - now there is NO parking on the malecon between 9am and 6pm

Any word on how far north and south this extends? Is it on both sides of the street? No parking in front of Guidos?

Any word on how far north and south this extends? Is it on both sides of the street? No parking in front of Guidos?

From 11th to airport road - so basically the same area where the meters were in force before

I just use the public parking lots off the Melgar, $1/hr, no problems.

Really. So between meters, no parking and a not finding parking because it is FULL of crap.....

Meters! I want meters!!!

Look, we get the Sol girls to work the meters and it is a win-win. More people come downtown to see the Sol girls working, more downtown business and parking revenue, etc etc. Why do I have to be the one to sort all this out?

I mean Australia figured it out for their tourist areas:
View attachment 192364

Ever think about running in the next election here in Cozumel? I know some people who can get chew documents that show you were born here and are a Mexican National but went to school in Hawaii.... Cozumel needs such issues resolved. Maybe you can also extend store hours for alcohol sales on sundays.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom