good use for those old dive tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, with all the white matter that fell this weekend, I was amply prepared as always....now where did I put that Ice scraper????....oh! I"ll use my PADI Dive table! WHICH WORKS GREAT for taking that snow off your windshield....just thought I would share.

Speaking of dive tables, I was cleaning out my garage this weekend and went through all the old dive equipment my step father gave to me a couple years back when I started out. The fine print on this says it's based on the 1973 U.S Navy Diving Manual.

It appears to be sort of a mesh of current rec and deco diving. The no "10ft stop" bottom times are atleast similiar to current NDL's, but it also lists 10ft stop times for what appear to be some pretty aggressive bottom times. I assume then the 10ft stops are actual deco obligations, and not just recomended safety stops?

Cool, look, I can do a 15 minute dive to 150' with only a 3 minute stop at 10ft!?! Wow!
NASDS_Table.JPG

I'd be interested in any history on this for those that might remember!

Thanks,
Jason

AHHH! Get rid of the tables but keep the bolt snap!!! :wink:
Just kidding. Those are cool. Shows you how far we have come. I, however, would always do some shallow stops (regardless of depth) and then another safety stop (gas permitting) at about 15FSW just to be on the safe side. But hey, I am one of those that never want to surface...so I just hang and breathe and hang and breathe some more...
K

Too fun! Actually that's the NASDS tables. I got certified using them in 1990. That side of the table is to calculate additional stops for decompression.

WOW...that is a blast to the past! That is truly an antique! I am curious if people got bent using that table.

Wonder what that table would go for on E-Bay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom