Gooseberry Arches Newport, RI Back to Diving Report NE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotta get down that way .."wit da boat"....Now busy with "another" Grand child.....My 4 year olds birthday is this weekend....opened a present tonight,,,,A Henderson wet suit.....Am I pushing it?

Another Grandchild! Great congrts! My youngest and her husband are trying. I'll be celebrating another soon, I hope. No! Not over doing at all. Are you going to buy him one every year until he gets a job or stops growing? My granddaughter is afraid of waves, not even big ones. She runs away in fear, not a good sign.:( The summner just started. I'm off from 7-1 until 7-9 maybe we can get oursleves and the weather to sync and do GI during that time?

Last edited:
Another Grandchild! Great congrts! My youngest and he husband are trying. I'll be celebrating another soon, I hope. No! Not over doing at all. Are you going to buy him one every year until he gets on job or stops growing? My granddaughter is afraid of waves, not even big ones. She runs away in fear, not a good sign.:( The summner just started. I'm off from 7-1 until 7-9 maybe we can get oursleves and the weather to sync and do GI during that time?
Have to admit...it's on the big side...as long as he is warm and gets used to it....The Cape Cod Bay area is usually clear but COLD...Sounds good 7/1-7/9..should be able to put something together :D

Nice video Ed! Glad you finally started diving again!

Yeah I really tried at that yesterday! The Arches were cool though - went east to land's end after to get some stripes for dinner but was unsuccessful. Good 15ft viz on average. But was a fun day just to be in the water

Nice Goody...Was there a lot of Tog.."happily" swimming around?

Ha - you bet! Big breeding colonies. After I burned through my tanks I did a bit of freediving. Shot through a small crevice with a wave surge into some whitewater where I saw the largest tog I've ever seen - massive female - had to be in double digits pound-wise. My victory of the day was knowing that 30ft was my perfect depth for hunting.

Hey Porgy isn't next week, the week I'm off, the reopening for togs? Or is that this week? Anyway lets get it done! Even a bad day at GI is better than not being there! Shameless I know.

Hey Porgy isn't next week, the week I'm off, the reopening for togs? Or is that this week? Anyway lets get it done! Even a bad day at GI is better than not being there! Shameless I know.

It re-opens in RI August 1st dude --- sorry

Back
Top Bottom