GoPro HERO4 Revealed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think that you will be able to touch screen underwater deeper than 10ft.
Control ISO sounds good, but which ISO it allow to set up? If I remember correct, previous version maximum ISO was 400 only.
So to be able to control from 100 to 400 is not real benefit in my eyes.
Personally I was more waiting for stabilization functionality, as Sony 100 has.

ISO on the 4 goes upto 6400 , not that you would use that high of gain, but it's theirs if needed

New GoPro camera shoots in 4K (Wired UK)

ISO on the 4 goes upto 6400 , not that you would use that high of gain, but it's theirs if needed
ISO up to 6400 in Silver version sounds very promise, if will not cause to a lot of noises.
So only stabilization is missing from my point of view. Looks like I will wait for version 4+ or 5 :)

now the dust has settled a bit, it seems to me that the gopro hero 4 is certainly an improvement on the hero 3, but it's no game changer.

i would like see gopro bring out a bigger camera for us divers with a bigger LCD display and significantly improved battery life.

---------- Post added October 4th, 2014 at 11:48 PM ----------

So only stabilization is missing from my point of view.

post-production stabilisation software is now very good indeed, however it would be nice if the gopro had it built-in. i'm sure it's coming as you allude to!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom