GoPro - Not impressed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no doubt GoPro has been the rave, but there are other options. Looking at your posts, it sounds like the service or lack there of was the real issue here. We distribute the latest action cam, the Midland XTC-300 and it comes with all of the mounting options you are accustomed with having with the GoPro. If you need any information on this setup you can contact one of our dealers or post here and we can help you out. Good luck with your current situation.

Hi Erik,

Looking at your posts, it sounds like the service or lack there of was the real issue here.

Yes, you're entirely right - it is the lack of aftersales/service that has got me annoyed. I'd like to add that I'm as quick to publicly compliment exceptionally good service as I am to slate exceptionally bad service (although I tend to stay mute on anything in between).

We distribute the latest action cam, the Midland XTC-300 and it comes with all of the mounting options you are accustomed with having with the GoPro. If you need any information on this setup you can contact one of our dealers or post here and we can help you out.

I've had a google - and they do look quite interesting. Certainly something that is light enough to be mounted to the mask strap definitely interests me - but I'd be concerned about the 30m depth rating. Most recreational diving limits are 30 to 40m - so I'd really want something rated to 50 ish, just to stay in the comfort zone :)

Good luck with your current situation.

Thanks Erik - I think I'm now sorted after posters on here kindly confirmed that the lense replacement kit includes the part I need (lots of parts that I don't need, but more importantly the one I do need aswell).

I'm all for making a profit, I've worked for myself for over 20 years so I understand that without profit, I (and GoPro) wouldn't be here. But I think there is a big difference between making a profit and profiteering.

I'll keep an eye on the XTC, if the manufacturers could get it a 40m depth rating (or preferably a 50m one) I'd certainly be looking at it as a serious purchaser.

Kind Regards
Bill

Your GoPro kit should have come with several housing back plates. Use one of those o-rings.
Yes, or buy O-Ring for $5 from Eye of Mine (makes flat lens case for HD and HD2).

I have to agree it's perplexing why GoPro wouldn't sell you an o-ring, and furthermore why they would give you bum info. I hope there's some kind of misunderstanding there, and not just the middle finger from GoPro. That is piss-poor service. Kudos to AquaProHD at any rate for stepping in, that's the way to build a fan base.

Back
Top Bottom