GoPro Superview Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justinsthompson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading to Coz in 2 weeks with the Hero3+ and am curious is anyone has tried out the "Superview" performance at depth. Here are the settings that I'm planning on going with:

Hero3+:
1080p 60fps
Protune / RAW Color
Superview (?)

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Not sure about the 60fps, while diving you might need as much light as posible going into the lens so I would recomend 30 fps.

On the Superview I´ve recorded with superview at 60 ft and its great specially because I used the gopole to record myself and the superview gives you a very wide angle so you can fit in. But maybe SUPERVIEW is the reason the Fish-eye effect turned even worse which in some parts of the video really bugged me off

Superview is a way of dynamically stretching the full sensor image inot a 16:9 format. The sensor is in 4:3 aspect ratio the same as the photos from the gopro or the 1440p mode and 960p modes in video. This works great for when you want you to be fully in the frame but it also exaggerates image distortion so its probably not the best mode for general use only some specific shots where it works well.

An apternative to using superview if you only want it for some shots would be to shoot in 1440p mode and then you can either crop to 1080p with a center crop or even adjust for horizontal framing errors by moving the crop up or down. You can also do the same thing as superview in post with 1440p footage in gopro studio by converting to 16:9 then using the dynamic zoom option in step 2 to adjust it as you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom