Got Air?

How many times have you forgotten to turn on your air before entering the water?

• Never!! I have skills!

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • less than 5 times

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • less than 10 times

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Air? What air?

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never yet splashed in with my air off; however, on live-a-board diving, about thursday of a Sat. to Fri. 5-6 dives a day trip, The DM in charge of the platform did have to turn my air on once. When you're gearing up 5-6 times a day, you sometimes just take things for granted. That's why DM's are on the platform.

Barracuda2

I have to say that the closest I've came to this, is trying to decend with a snorkel in my mouth instead of the regulator.

Sounds like a few other have tried this as well.

I must admit, I've wondered if during the buddy check, if some one has shut the tank off instead of turning it on. The old which way do I turn this thing. I would assume that people who dive doubles are more suseptable to this as the tank valves are opposite one another.

The best defense for this is to jump in with the regulator in your mouth. Making sure you can take a few breaths off the reg before you jump. There is a reason thay teach that in basic open water.l

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom