Got the new homemade tray finished

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman:
Nice Job Gilligan.

Simon, here is a link to a very simple one I made for my PT-015. It could also be made of aluminum. It works great and is cheap to build.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t51263-.html

Thanks herman

I wanted to ask who considers it important that one has to ba able to open the housing while the tray is on? Alternatively, who keeps their trays on the housing permanently?

With the WP-DC20 for my S1 there is a design issue with regard to where to put the "anti-rotate lip" if I keep the tray on permanently... There are two options, both of which will work. The one which won't let you open the housing is the easier to build.

Well done! Looks light weight, hows the balance?
I see you have the macro lens up there too. Are you happy with that?

justleesa:
Well done! Looks light weight, hows the balance?
I see you have the macro lens up there too. Are you happy with that?
It's not all that light with all the accessories but it works fine. I am happy with it.
Today was the first dive with the close-up lens but I didn't find anyhting to use it on. I mostly got it for my upcoming trip.

sbloomer:
....I wanted to ask who considers it important that one has to ba able to open the housing while the tray is on? Alternatively, who keeps their trays on the housing permanently?
I leave my housing on my tray all day, or all week if on a trip. It's important to me that the door to the housing can open freely so I can change camera batteries, dessicant packs, etc. without removing the housing from the tray. It's more personal preference than anything else. It's not hard to do but it is less stress on the tripod connection on the housing and another step I can eliminate to help speed things up when getting ready for the next day.

justleesa:
Up coming trip?? What cool place are you going to??

Chris and I are planning a three week trip to Micronesia in late October. We will visit Kosrae, Pohnpei, Yap and Guam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom