Grand Cayman Diving - Sunset House as good as it sounds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was an article in the Cayman Compass yesterday about Sunset Divers being in breach of regulations by leaving boat unattended while diving...EastendDiver, is that story about Eden Rock really true?
If so, I will never go diving with them in future.

Doctorfish Yes it is true. I own on Island and spend a lot of time there and have seen their boats at the Eden Rock/Devil Grotto moorings many many times.

Maybe that's what they were doing when the diver went missing; if they were so close to shore it might explain why they were so casual about not posting a lookout and leaving the boat unattended. It's still a violation but that could explain their reasoning; and the missing diver's tank, regulator, and BC were found off seven mile beach so perhaps they weren't too far away - depending on which way the current was running. Does anyone know where they were diving when the accident happened?

---------- Post added January 18th, 2015 at 12:17 PM ----------

Never mind, I just re-read the reports. According to the News they were diving off of 7MB and that the missing diver's gear was found off Barracuda Reef but I am not sure where that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom