Grand Cayman: Marriott Courtyard vs Marriott??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1gromit

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

Looking forward to my first trip to Grand Cayman!

I have Marriott points, so I'm looking at either the Marriott or the Marriott Courtyard (courtyard costs fewer points).

Anyone have experience with either of these?
Can someone compare/contrast?
Is the courtyard decent?
Does one or the other have a better beach? (gf likes the sand)
Any major differences in location? (I see that they're on the same road...)

Thanks for your help!

- Al

The courtyard is across from public beach, quite a way from town. Never been there.

The Mariott is on the beach, ok if you call 15 feet a beach, most of it was washed out from the hurricans. This hotel is also closer to Georgetown, but still requires a vehicle to get there. There are several good resturants nearby for breakfast and lunch. Would not recommend the hotel unless you have an unlimited expense account. The rooms are nice, but nothing fantastic. If you are staying a week or so, look into some of the condo's, they will work out cheaper.

Ross

I stayed at the Marriott, but also checked out the courtyards facilities and free wi-fi for a day or so.

Given the same amount of points, you should stay at the resort. It's actually on the beach, has more going on at the hotel, and is in a more happening part of the strip.

Having said that, the courtyard wasn't too bad at all. Everything looked new and there's free wi-fi there. The big downside is that it's not on the beach. However, the public beach across the way is nice. It has a bar, volleyball nets, etc.

Like i said, if the points are similar, the mariott hotel is much nicer. But don't feel too bad if you have to stay at the courtyard.... I would have been very happy there.

-Todd-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom