Grand Cayman west end dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of these dive OP work around cruise schedules? I really don't want to book a drive through the cruise ship and would rather use a local, professional dive company. Any recommendations? Sorry if this is a redundant question, I'm new at this.

Do any of these dive OP work around cruise schedules? I really don't want to book a drive through the cruise ship and would rather use a local, professional dive company. Any recommendations? Sorry if this is a redundant question, I'm new at this.

I'm sure they do...most of the dive ops have email...contact them, I've had great success with them answering promptly! Good luck

wow! that sounds like some serious dissapointments! making me nervous. we are going end of this month. we are staying at the east end of the island...what was the deal with Miami Airport and Amercian Airline?

wow! that sounds like some serious dissapointments! making me nervous. we are going end of this month. we are staying at the east end of the island...what was the deal with Miami Airport and Amercian Airline?
Don't worry, I've had many great trips to Cayman, and it's one of my overall favorite dive destinations. Everyone's expectations and experience is different. Your experience on the East end will be almost certainly be very different from the West end anyway.

MIA is a zoo on a good day. But if nothing goes wrong you get through there and you're done with it. If (when?) things go wrong American doesn't seem to handle it too well, maybe partly because of aforementioned zoo. I've been told 10 different things by 10 different AA employees in a short period of time, most of which turned out to be false. Weather delays due to thunderstorms seem common in the summer. (If you get stuck there for awhile or have a longish layover, the restaurant at the top of the airport hotel is a pretty peaceful place to drag out a decent meal -I've eaten too many meals there, and wound up staying once or twice.)

We're leaving the island today are 20 days...yes it is expensive...but, we knew that before we came. We stayed at Morritts Tortuga for 2 wks and The Reef for 6 days...enjoyed them both. Because of the expense of boat dives and we wanted to dive daily we chose to do shore diving...so there was a lot of driving...but we knew that too!

We found the diving enjoyable and at times breathtakingly beautiful!

AND we will be back...about the Miami airport - our experience is that it is huge and has LOTS of international flights which does make it crazy! American...well handling that much luggage...someone's is bound to get lost - but they've always found ours! Even when they lost our luggage...found it, but had to look inside (it had 4 ski boots) they delivered lost luggage but with only 3 ski boots. The other one FINALLY made it home 4 months later!! :D

Have fun...be informed...and relax!! It's vacation!!!

My choice of dive operators:
East End Dive Ops - Ocean Frontier
West End Dive Ops/7Mile Beach - Dive Tech

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom