Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

busted

Reaction score
My dive buddy and myself are going to grand Cayman in June for a week. We have never been there and are trying to find a good dive and lodging package. We are considering Coconut Harbor and Treasure Island divers. Does anyone have experience with them?

Busted, I have stayed at Coconut Harbour 3-4 times. Treasure Island Divers was not the dive ops there at those times, Parrots Landing was when they were open. Coconut Harbour has OK rooms. I prefer the ocean view rooms because they are bigger. They have kitchenettes. Usually breakfast comes with the package. Great pool, good beach diving right off the hotel. They also have diving lockers.
If you want to stay towards the west end check with Fisheye (www.fisheye.com). They usually have packages for hotel/condo/diving. You might also check with Ocean Divers, Cayman Diving Lodge and Cobalt Coast/DiveTech. I have heard good things about all three locations. Have a great trip. Make sure you get out to the North Wall.
RonC.

Hello,
I just got back from a week at the Cayman Diving Lodge. If you are going to Grand Cayman to dive, relax, and not do much else, then this is absolutely the place you want to be. It is all inclusive (except liquor and soda) and the divemasters take care of everything for you. The food is absoulutely terrific, and the dives are outstanding.

The reason I mention that you want to dive, relax, and nothing else is that the rooms do not even have TVs or phones. Georgetown is 25 minutes on the other side of the island. But if you want to be catered to as a diver, then I cannot talk more positively about Cayman Diving Lodge.

Here's a link: http://www.divelodge.com/

Have fun!
dmentia

Thanks for the replies!
When you stayed at Coconut Harbor, how was Parrots landing dive operation, also was it a problem getting tanks to go to other shore dive areas?

Busted:
Parrots Landing is out of business. Treasure Island Divers has taken over the dive operation at Coconut Harbour. If you are diving Eden Rocks or DiveTech, I think you will have to rent tanks at those locations. Maybe someone on the board can verify that. You can also call when you arrive and verify with Eden Rocks and DiveTech. If you are going to a more secluded area, then just pick up the tanks at the shop and put them in your rented vehicle. You can store them in your diving locker and return them the next morning.
RonC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom