grand turk or salt cay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will do for sure, mike. haven't firmed up dates--as of now we might be there until about the 3rd week of december. when do you get there? that's great about your son, btw. fantastic.

great. we may still be there. will look for you. thank you for all.

Sorry to jump in this late. I have been to both and have done day trips to Salt Cay while staying on Grand Turk. That is probably the best way to go. They are both quiet islands but GT offers MUCH more to do than SC. The wall on Grand Turk is incredible and you can easily spend 10 days diving it without duplication. Salt Cay is different but also has some great sites-just not as many. Although when I was on SC last time there were quite a few whales around.
I have dived with all 3 main dive shops on GT and highly recommend Blue Water Divers. Mitch has put together a great team that really responds to individual ability and needs.
Enjoy DD

Dove Grand Turk with Blue Water Divers Sept 2013 and highly recommend it. Great staff (Chris & Nat), dive sites only 10 minute boat ride, variety of dive sites on wall and reef.

Done both a lot. Prefer Grand Turk for a couple of reasons. Better diversity in diving, better and more variation in dive sites on GT and better scenery. Much better land base support also on GT. More bars, more restaurants, more people (but still a really dinky Island) on Grand Turk. Don't get me wrong, I like Salt Cay and the people are great but you are extremely limited in your dining and drinking choices. You can get a better chance of seeing pelagics on Grand Turk. Both GT ans SC have really short, like 10 minute boat rides. Provo is more like 45 minutes to an hour or more depending on where you are staying.

All three destinations you mention are fine. GT has a special place in my heart though. Be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
Al

I have done both and agree with ScubaSeas comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom