Grand Turk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are planning a group trip of about 12 people to GT in June/July..from what I see it seems like Oasis is the most tallked about dive operator..what about places to stay close to the bars/restaurants....from what I also read it appears that Osprey/Manta/Turks Head Inn and salt raker are the best bets..any pros/cons on these.....

also, does anybody make the trip to salt Cay and is it worth the effort ???

Thanks for any info....

Don't know, someone might at least go there to dive the Endymion, but otherwise I didn't think Salt Cay had anything more special than Grand Turk. Now if you could get to South Caicos that would be worthwhile, but I really doubt anyone makes that crossing. There is a site there with an almost constant parade of sharks and eagle rays.

THE ONLY PLACE WE"D STAY on Grand Turk is at Bohio www.bohioresort.com. We were there in the spring & it was outstanding. We loved the boat, crew, schedule (nearly none), service, staff and all the fun. About 4 out of 7 days we dove with the chef - Zeb - food is outstanding. We loved fish & grits for breakfast but might not suit everyone's taste. One day we fished - caught 7 yellow tail and found them perfectly prepared for our plates that night when we showed up at the restaurant. We traveled by bike and motorcycle - both were fun, just don't forget to drive opposite US. We did have a luggage delay in Provo - they picked packing the corn on the cob & budweiser over our dive gear but Bohio worked with the airlines & it was there in time for our first dive. They take great care of your equipment, rinsing, hanging up, having ready - all provided. Are very personnal - just us & a dive master for one of our night dives - and have the best boat on the island. If the airline travel wasn't such a pain, I'd go every year & I'd only stay at Bohio. (please note we were there 10days before the cruise ships arrived - but Bohio is far enough from the dock I don't think it will matter too much). Enjoy - the fish are friendly, happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom