Gravity Sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay I have 8 titanium screws and a titanium plate. The doctor said it was worse than he expected compared to the x-rays. I'm getting a fancy knee scooter tomarrow and I'm out a minimum of 8 weeks. Bummer.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414749641888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414749641888.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 215
... Six months! This is not good.

At least with February in there it is the short half of the year :D

Good luck with the healing. I fell off a narrow sidewalk in Dubai going to the movies after diving on Christmas Day in 2011...my foot still gives me pain every now and then.

---------- Post added October 31st, 2014 at 04:54 AM ----------

... I'm out a minimum of 8 weeks. Bummer.

Isn't 8 weeks shorter than 6 months? :hm:

The six months was what someone gave as a prediction the doc said 8 week.

That's some fancy plate!

I was the one who said it could be up to six months. Depends on the severity of the fracture and the patient's healing. Glad for the better, 8 week prediction.

It was 4.5 years ago now my femur was shattered in three places and my hip was fractured as well. And a blood clot went some place it was not supposed to. It took me about six months to really get back to a point I could be active again. It was a year before I could call myself recovered. I did not dive for nine months and really it was longer than that. Truth is, I have never fully recovered, some damage and the resulting deficit is forever. Especially for older people. And I still wake up in the bed kicking my wife as I fight the pit bulls off. But I do everything I did before, just some of those things I do a bit slower.

I am sure you will recover fine. The doctor told me, trying to crack a joke because I was not very happy, post op, that it was a pleasure to operate on me. He explained that he did not have to cut through fat and adipose tissue to get to the work. I think I managed a weak smile. He is a nice man. Physical fitness, if you were working out, return to a routine as soon as possible, if you were not then it is time to start and you can start with your PT.

N

Nemrod, that's a great and encouraging story of recovery. I had no where near the amount of trauma you had, but if you can still dive I know I will be able to. Thanks

Had my follow up appointment today. The doctor put me in a cast for 3 weeks. His saying I should be 25% weight bearing by mid December.
The lady doing my cast asked what colors I wanted. If she only knew. Hehe

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415753626547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415753626547.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
Had another follow up appointment today. The doctor said I can put as much weight as i can bear on it. So 25%50% body weight. My next question is how long does Lortab stay in one's system. I'm diving on the first!!!! Woooo hooo but I don't want that in my system.

Oh yeah.... I can not wait to get wet. The doctor said to do what ever I can as long as it doesn't hurt I'm ok. Plus my brother bought me a Mares Pro Tec for Christmas!!!! So of course I gotta check that out. Anyway I just wanted to do this as a time line now that the threads dead.. hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom