Great Private Dives in Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Yes our chop is fully license by the government.-Our chop is out of Varadero but we are working on setting an office in downtown, it all takes time and even more time in Cuba. You may contact me by email snorkelingvaradero@yahoo.com when you are closer to the coming date on order to meet at the chop.-we don’t have a web site yet as it is very hard to get internet and also very expensive but on top very slow , so very hard to build the web site from here . (Working on it too).As you are going to have a car your dives are going to be chipper!Are you bringing any dive gear?What month are you coming on?It is very nice here now, hot like to no exit the water.A night dive could be an idea!!!

[FONT=&quot]Hi I am new to the diving scene with little experience. I will be travelling on my own to Cuba next month I have been looking up info and am also looking for a reliable divecentre, ….single woman traveling on her own…..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I appreciate when pepon says that the internet is hard in Cuba. I heard that from somebody else before but so far I had excellent response from government licenced/ recognized Car Hire Agencies and Excursion Operators. At the moment I am standing with doubt as to how pepon is operating a divecentre in Cuba fully licensed by the government to run PADI courses? So far I have found very few divecentres on the net, not many in Varadero, and none of them do PADI courses apart from pepon on this forum. But then again based Colins’ information posted on 10th June how is this so? Could it be that citizens of Cuba are not allowed to do it, but do it anyways? Isn't that dodgy? I have been told to look out for things like this as well....

[/FONT]

Hello again.

Agnis it is nice to hear that you are coming to cuba and may like to go for some dives. It all depends of where you are going in Cuba, however as I was explaining to some diver on yesterday’s trip, it is been still too soon since we are able to open chops in CUBA and also it is hard to advertise in the web. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCES TO THE INTERNET ONLY THE GOVERNMENT DOES!!!
I think you are from the UK. I have dived with lot of British people as I used to work for a very popular Dive Center in the Island of Malta, where there is lot of Europeans going every summer.
I’m PADI and ACUC instructor however WHILE IN CUBA I ONLY TEACH ACUC and when abroad PADI.
It doesn’t have anything to do with padi, it is just that ************ embargo!!

I’ll be very happy to help you or any diver coming to cuba to fiend the info needed. If you are coming to Varadero and want to dive with big groups but very known dive center look into Barracuda.( Government’s dive center )

I’m trying a free web site, you can find some info on it about what we do. (very bad English)

link not logged in

The link: not logged in

---------- Post added ----------
not logged in

Back
Top Bottom