Great read about shark dives...can't wait!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving with sharks is without question a real rush and a real treat, unless you are on one of these "feeding" dives. I know lots of people love them, but Debbie and I do not feed animals in the sea, ever. It's just a thing with us. To encounter sharks in a natural hunting feeding mode, or just swimming by, is much cooler than these unnatural encounters. Also, no matter how modest the luring is, it alters animal behavior. With no feeding or luring, Debbie and I have been ion close proximity ( 20 meters or less ) to white tip reef sharks, grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, a couple of bull sharks, scalloped hammerhead sharks, and one quite large tiger shark off the coast of Maui. Thes encounters have occurred in Maui, Kona, Molokai, , Mexico, Fiji, and open water south of the Bahamas on a live aboard.
Enjot your shark dive, but consider a "non feeding" policy yourself for the good of the ecosystem and the thrill of a totally natural encounter with these magnificent animals.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom