great white attacks another soupfin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustAddWater

Reaction score
I just read that the great white at Monterrey Bay Aquarium has killed its second soupfin shark on Tuesday. There is some debate as to the reason for its behavior. I was fortunate to see the female, five footer this past Saturday. Just my observation, but it seemed like a soupfin shark was often shadowing, and bumping the great white. The article also noted that there have been no other attacks on any of the other fish in the million gallon tank, including tuna, bonito, and barracuda.

What's a "soupfin shark?" I don't recall ever hearing that common name ever described to a discrete species before.

i like flake shark

if you say it with a valley girl accent, it's great:

like, that flake shark is sooooo boss

Yeah, but think about how the brits say "vitamin".

I just choked on my drink. Thinking is bad.

I'm going to be out there in July, I hope the GW is still there. I've always enjoyed visiting Monteray Aquarium and the shark would give me a good excuse to get down there.

When you name a shark "soupfin" you've pretty much determined it's course in life.

Like naming your daughter Bambi or your son Lou Gehrig

sorry...I'm going to he11.

Back
Top Bottom