Greetings from a Texas Transplant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Keep trying... :)

Always!! Oh man, I think I just hijacked my first thread!!! :wink:

Moving a Texan out of Texas is like putting an animal in captivity...we may live, might even live longer, but we just aren't our true selves. I manage trying to make my habitat as realistic as possible: Shiner, lots of lights, cooking Tex-Mex, and at the end of this month I will be adding a Smoker! Still no HEB meal deals, but it gets me through between meccas home.

Kwbyron:
Moving a Texan out of Texas is like putting an animal in captivity...we may live, might even live longer, but we just aren't our true selves. I manage trying to make my habitat as realistic as possible: Shiner, lots of lights, cooking Tex-Mex, and at the end of this month I will be adding a Smoker! Still no HEB meal deals, but it gets me through between meccas home.

I'd bring you some Shiner Bock up there, Kevin, but that would be considered bootlegging...LOL :laughing:

It's cool, I'm flying home June 10th...Zegenbach(sp?) in one hand.. chopped beef in the other and sun on my face! Not that the PNW isn't beautifull, it's incredible...but it's still a big fish tank to me.

Kwbyron:

You got that right brother. Moving from Dallas to Seattle was a HUGE transition for me. Different people, different food, different....everything. I do miss Dallas but man, I don't miss the heat!!

If anybody actually finds ANY decent tex-mex or BBQ up here, let me know!! :)

Give me until the end of the month (wife is getting me a Smoker for my b-day, but I actually have to wait until the 28th) You can get brisket from the Marysville super walmart from time to time. they only get like 4 at a time, so you gotta ask the butcher when the next shipment gets in to go get one.
Maybe we should organize an Orcabait dive picnic this summer, potluck it, I'll cook a brisket or two and some sausage....or make it a displaced Texan support group lol.
Were you puzzled by the Teriyaki fetish up here? man, that was weird to me.... still not used to it. That and the shack coffee stands... I saw one shack drive-through teriyaki-espresso stand. I forgot where though, should have taken a picture.

I suggest that sometime this summer we host a Texan style night on a dive. Get a few dives in, cook some brisket, and wash it down with Coronas and Mexican Martinis. Some of these pacific northwesterners need to see what a hearty meal is :) (though I'm a HUGE fan of the fresh seafood)

Sounds like a plan! fresh sea-food? we had catfish! lol, my family would go down to corpus christi a few years with thier sunday school group...the high-light of the trip was getting fresh shrimp and having a big-ol shrimp boil. always good food.

I might have to come up and get in on some of that action....LOL :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom