Greetings from Vancouver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea:
Hey Jim,

Thx for the greeting! And the springs suggestions -- this is the first I've heard of springs in Florida. Would you care to recommend an instructor and/or dive shop? Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable. Or post a response on the *other* board. :wink:

You're welcome! I don't know any specific instructors at the dive shops at the springs, but I'm headed down to Vortex Spring this weekend. I'll try to get some contact information for you while I'm there. Vortex is pretty popular for checkout dives, since it's deep enough to do all four dives (you have to go to at least 40' on the last dive). Some dive shops also use Ginnie Springs, but you have to go to another, deeper spring to complete the last couple of dives since Ginnie is not very deep.

Again, I'll shoot you a PM Sunday or Monday with more information if you like.

Cheers!

jholley309:
You're welcome! I don't know any specific instructors at the dive shops at the springs, but I'm headed down to Vortex Spring this weekend. I'll try to get some contact information for you while I'm there. Vortex is pretty popular for checkout dives, since it's deep enough to do all four dives (you have to go to at least 40' on the last dive). Some dive shops also use Ginnie Springs, but you have to go to another, deeper spring to complete the last couple of dives since Ginnie is not very deep.

Again, I'll shoot you a PM Sunday or Monday with more information if you like.

Cheers!
Thx for the offer, Jim! If you have a chance to find out more, about any instructors in Florida, please do. It'll be most appreciated!

(BTW, your posts *over there* are most amusing! Thx for contributing. :))

Welcome to the board, congatulations, and well since i'm from Cancun, i can recomend you doing your dives there, but now i'm in Boston and let me tell you the cold water dives are pretty nice too, do me a favor whenever you are around the stadiums area in Vancouver stop by Mario's Gellati and have a Chocolate gellato for me.

Rafael:
Welcome to the board, congatulations, and well since i'm from Cancun, i can recomend you doing your dives there, but now i'm in Boston and let me tell you the cold water dives are pretty nice too, do me a favor whenever you are around the stadiums area in Vancouver stop by Mario's Gellati and have a Chocolate gellato for me.
Thx for the welcome, Rafael!

Mario's on East 1st? Near the Burger King?

Will do! eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom