grenada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackcloud

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going on a cruise that stops in grenada and have been thinking about trying scubatech to dive with while I am there has anyone used them and how were they and how is the diving in grenada.

grenada has the largest natural causes (not stripped artificial) wreck in the cruise ship Bianca C.
Bianca C is a pretty impressive dive, but unless you run up the reef off the bow and finish shallow, the dive can be VERY short. The boat is some 600' long and 130' to the shallowest on the stern. as you swim up the length of the boat, you come to the bow in 70 or so FSW which is a must see. If there is ANY viz at all take a moment to stop and sink just off the bow so that you can look back and up at it.... major impressive

If you make it to the reef, the dive time can be whatever you make of it, otherwise the dives tend to NDL out pretty quick. Keep your eyes out for spotted eagle rays... several times got flybys from a coupe of them... way cool

but I actually prefer a Shakem... another in the same relative area. It was a cargo ship and is more interesting as a wreck since it is shallower and you can stay and play longer.

the diving in Grenada is nice, but Viz can be problematic.

As for individual operators there, I have no first hand knowledge of them. The one I went with is no-longer on that island

have fun

We spent two weeks diving with Devotion2Ocean and they were great. The other two wrecks around were more fun. the sculpture garden is cool too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom