Guadeloupe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm thinking of a vacation to Saint Francois, Guadeloupe next summer. Problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get there. I've tried Orbitz/Expedia/Etc. I've also tried AA and Air France, which are supposed to fly there, but no luck. I always get an answer of no flights available. Anyone have a clue how you get there?

James

Yes, Point a Pitre (PTP) is the correct airport for your arrival in Guadeloup, but try breaking your search by doing a STL/MIA/PTP...I would also check with a good travel agent as I'm pretty sure there is at least one charter company that goes there out of MIA.

good luck,

Yea, I've been searching on PTP all along. Today I can get some flights on Orbitz when I couldn't get any yesterday. However all they come up with are overnighters (over 24 hours total travel time): STL->MIA->SJU->PTP. The MIA varies. I can't imagine it's worth that much trouble, this is the Caribbean not Yap :wink:.

James

you're right there.... The place is really nice though.... but, I tell you I brace myself if I have to go through either MIA, and much worse, SJU.... sucky airports both. Another possibility would be to fly out of New York.... I know it sounds dumb, but sometimes you end up with less fly time that way and less connections.

James Goddard:
Ok, I'm thinking of a vacation to Saint Francois, Guadeloupe next summer. Problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get there. I've tried Orbitz/Expedia/Etc. I've also tried AA and Air France, which are supposed to fly there, but no luck. I always get an answer of no flights available. Anyone have a clue how you get there?
James
How to get there:

http://www.antilles-info-business.com/guadeloupe/soc-avi.htm

In 1998, we flew American Airlines from Dallas to San Juan PR, and then connected to Pont a Pitre. All in all, much better than going through Miami Airport -- but then, anything is.

Guadeloupe is very nice. It certainly helps to speak a bit of French -- I found that there is less English spoken there than in France.

Valwood1:
In 1998, we flew American Airlines from Dallas to San Juan PR, and then connected to Pont a Pitre. All in all, much better than going through Miami Airport -- but then, anything is.

I guess I've been lucky. Several trips and never had a problem with American through Miami to/from Caribbean.

Now, Continental through Houston to/from Coz, that's a different story. Total chaos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom