Guam B-52?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrawfishDiver:
crew ejected ??? not in a Buff. we have a B-29 in cross lake some where everybody is still looking for it.

Actually, the B-52 "BUFF" has six ejections seats, four in the upper cabin firing upward and two in the lower cabin firing downward. Being an Air Force brat all my life and spending many a day at The Musem of The Air Force, located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio you get to know these things.....Initally the B-52 had a rear gunner position in the tail. It was true, no ejection seat for this guy, he had to release the gun module and self-extract himself from the aircraft but the rest of the crew sat on ejection seats. midway through the B-52s life, the rear gun was operated remote-control by the gunner who was moved to forward cabin with everyone else, and he then had his own ejection seat, lastly the Air Force removed the tail mounted gun alltogether, electronic-counter measures, chaff and flares, are now the Buffs defense, and the fact it can fly at 50,000 feet far above any conventional surface-to-air missle, The BUFFs Crew consist of an aircraft commander, pilot, radar navigator, navagator and electronics warfare officer......all on ejection seats, Sorry

ERIC.K:
Actually, the B-52 "BUFF" has six ejections seats, four in the upper cabin firing upward and two in the lower cabin firing downward. Being an Air Force brat all my life and spending many a day at The Musem of The Air Force, located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio you get to know these things.....

So I guess you know what "BUFF" stands for.:wink:

There's a B-52 at about 300 ft in one of the Great Lakes. University of Michigan divers were involved in recovering the atomic weapons that were aboard (for the Air Force).

BUFF-Big Ugly Fat.....---- insert any word beginning with the letter "F". Aviation textbooks would have you believe the word is "Fellow" though

We got the BUFF thing. Know what GUAM stands for?

ERIC.K:
BUFF-Big Ugly Fat.....---- insert any word beginning with the letter "F". Aviation textbooks would have you believe the word is "Fellow" though

I thought It was Big Ugly FLYING .........Um "FELLOW". Yeah Fellow sounds close.

I have no idea about GUAM.

BSea:
I thought It was Big Ugly FLYING .........Um "FELLOW". Yeah Fellow sounds close.

I have no idea about GUAM.

I've never been to Guam but have sailed past it. But I know from people stationed there that they say:

Give Up And Masterbate

I was on island for 5 years and heard about the B-52 also. Lots of people talked about it but I never talked to anyone that actually dove it. Supposedly it was off the Northern point of the Air Force base...............

That's a very rough area, rarely dived at all. If it was there it was likely scattered apart by the surge.

Good point!

I always regretted not getting out to dive the zero before the Typhoon destroyed it.

Wish you luck in your hunt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom