Guam B-52?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry:
I've never been to Guam but have sailed past it. But I know from people stationed there that they say:

Give Up And Masterbate

Gee, when I was out there I always heard it stood for Give Us American Money.

Actually Guam was one of the best kept secrets in the military. When I was a single guy there I put 14000 miles on a red Suzuki Jeep in a year. That's a lot for an island 35 miles long and 5 miles wide. As for the females of the opposite sex issue there was absoutely never a problem. There would be lots of stories to tell there. This was my only assignment where I sat in the airport and cried like a baby when they made me leave.

As for the Buff off the end of the runway - The problem (if there is one) would be getting to it. The farthest North accessible site is CE beach and that's a long way from the end of the runway which is about 500 feet above the sea near Pati Point. The north shore is only divable in the summer months when the trade winds change.

I've been back a few times and rented a car to drive around. Was quite disconcerting when the signs to Agana pointed to Hagatna. But Kenny's still had the best onion rings in the world.

Doc Harry:
Give Up And Masterbate

Back
Top Bottom