GUE Fundamentals Final Report, Weekend 2 of 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that i will most likely be back at Haigh on the 14th and the 22nd....if you don't mind diving with a Noob....gotta get my new undergarments out here shortly

I might try and make it out for an early dive on the 14th but I leave for vacation the next day around noon so I'd like to be out of the water early. I believe Duane and some other guys are diving at Haigh the 14th and 15th. Unfortunately (well not really) I don't return until the 22nd. :D

Congratulations! Now, plan a trip to some warm, clear water as a pat on the back :wink:

I might try and make it out for an early dive on the 14th but I leave for vacation the next day around noon so I'd like to be out of the water early. I believe Duane and some other guys are diving at Haigh the 14th and 15th. Unfortunately (well not really) I don't return until the 22nd. :D

sounds good....i think that i am diving with jim from indy and some others...maybe duane was in that group too....

i just need to get as much diving in as i can before the season is really slowed down...but i do have a trip to coz planned in jan...so that should revive the diving for the cold part of the winter.

I hope these class reports encourage some local divers to look into this class, amazingly enough there isn't much of a local DIR following even with the Great Lakes in our backyard.

-Nick

I'm pretty surprised how much of a following there is on the Lakes compared to other places. If you head out on the right boat, you are likely going to be diving with 5 other Hog/DIR kitted divers. (Enterprise, Molly V, Little Alexandria).

Tom

I'm pretty surprised how much of a following there is on the Lakes compared to other places. If you head out on the right boat, you are likely going to be diving with 5 other Hog/DIR kitted divers. (Enterprise, Molly V, Little Alexandria).

Tom

I guess I'm just diving the wrong boats then lol. I guess I was making a comparison to california, where it seems everyone dives DIR.

Oh, my goodness, you have the wrong idea about California! I don't think there is ANYPLACE where DIR divers are the majority. There are well-developed communities in LA, Monterey, Seattle, and Vancouver, BC, but we are still very much the minority in our diving worlds.

@Dan

I was reading your very interesting report as I planed to do the Fundi as well ... probably next year. Since I am living in germany I guess I'll try to do it with Tom Karch if possible.

May I ask what your certification was before you took the class and how many dives you did before?

thanks again
Franco

excellent write up, thanks for sharing your experience

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom